Difference between revisions of "New in Version 2.3"
(Created page with "GenGIS 2.3 introduces new features for both visualization and analysis: == Major New Features == *We have created the [http://kiwi.cs.dal.ca/GenGIS/Description_of_GenGIS_plu...")
Revision as of 02:32, 8 August 2014
GenGIS 2.3 introduces new features for both visualization and analysis:
Major New Features
- We have created the Show Spread plugin to animate time-series data and iterate through categories of qualitative data. There are many options to control the speed and type of visualization.
- The Python version attached to the Windows release is now 2.7. This has allowed us to update the RPy2 ligrary and interface with R version 3.
Note that these upgrades are not yet working on the Mac - this is not for lack of trying! We continue to try and upgrade the key libraries without making everything stop working.
- We have added a new polygon feature that can draw convex hulls and smoothed boundaries to highlight the geographic ranges of datasets with different values.
- Locations can now be toggled from the Properties menu, and on right click in the map. Also, the Location Set now has a Show/Hide All toggle option on right click.
- The previously introduced gridding function can now use the count of entities in a string field.