Currently we support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X (Intel only). GenGIS is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.
Current Release Details
|GenGIS Version:||2.1.0 (April 30, 2013)|
|Python Version:||2.7.3 for Windows, 2.5 for Mac|
- Windows installation package (XP/Vista/7) (53 MB)
Mac OS X Release
- Mac OS X installation package (10.5-7, Intel Only) (160 MB)
- Download MapMaker to obtain maps compatible with GenGIS.
Sample data can be found on the Tutorials page.
You can use our tool MapMaker to generate high-resolution GeoTIFF for any region in the world. Instruction on obtaining digital terrain maps (DEMs) are provided on the Tutorials page. We have also assembled a collection of example digital terrain maps:
- Sample world map (GeoTIFF, from GTOPO30)
- Africa (GeoTIFF, from GTOPO30)
- Europe (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30)
- South Pacific (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30, spanning example with longitude 0-360)
- South Pacific Reduced (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30, spanning example with longitude 0-360)
GenGIS Source Code
The latest version of GenGIS can be found in our Github repository. This version will typically be more up-to-date than the latest release version, although new and modified features may not have been extensively tested.
Source code is for v2.02. GenGIS dependencies are given in /src/Readme.txt.