Currently we support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X (Intel only). GenGIS is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.
Current Release Details
|GenGIS Version:||2.0.0 (March 29, 2012) (Revision History)|
A list of known issues can be found here.
Mac OS X Release
- Mac OS X installation package
Tested on Mac OS X versions 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion).
- Download MapMaker to obtain maps compatible with GenGIS.
Sample data can be found on the Tutorials page.
You can use our tool MapMaker to generate high-resolution GeoTIFF for any region in the world. Instruction on obtaining digital terrain maps (DEMs) are provided on the Tutorials page. We have also assembled a collection of example digital terrain maps:
- Sample world map (GeoTIFF, from GTOPO30)
- Africa (GeoTIFF, from GTOPO30)
- Europe (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30)
- South Pacific (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30, spanning example with longitude 0-360)
- South Pacific Reduced (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30, spanning example with longitude 0-360)
GenGIS Source Code
Source code is for v2.00. GenGIS dependencies are given in /src/Readme.txt.
- Source code package