New in Version 2.3
GenGIS 2.3 introduces new features for both visualization and analysis:
Major New Features
- We have created the Show Spread plugin to animate time-series data and iterate through categories of qualitative data. There are many options to control the speed and type of visualization.
- The Python version attached to the Windows release is now 2.7. This has allowed us to update the RPy2 ligrary and interface with R version 3.
Note that these upgrades are not yet working on the Mac - this is not for lack of trying! Key third-party libraries do not interact the same way on the Mac as they do in Windows, and we are still trying to get this working.
- We have added a new polygon feature that can draw convex hulls and smoothed boundaries to highlight the geographic ranges of datasets with different values.
- Locations can now be toggled from the Properties menu, and on right click in the map. Also, the Location Set now has a Show/Hide All toggle option on right click.
- The previously introduced gridding function can now use the count of entities in a string field.