Currently we support Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and Mac OS X (Intel only). GenGIS is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.
Current Release Details
|GenGIS Version:||2.4.1 (August 27, 2015)|
|Python Version:||2.7.3 for Windows, 2.6.3 for Mac|
|RPy2 Version:||2.3.8 for Windows, 2.0.3 for Mac|
|Note:||Currently R >= 3.0 is supported on Windows only due to constraints in the Rpy2 library.|
- Windows installation package (XP/Vista/7/8) (171 MB)
Mac OS X Release
- Mac OS X installation package (10.5-10.10, Intel Only) (159.5 MB)
Note: For OSX 10.10 Yosemite X11 is needed. It can be downloaded from: http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/
The default installation directory "/opt/X11" is recommended.
Alternatively "sudo ln -s /opt/X11 /MyDirectory/X11" will allow GenGIS to find X11 in alternative locations.
- Download MapMaker to obtain maps compatible with GenGIS.
Sample data can be found on the Tutorials page.
You can use our tool MapMaker to generate high-resolution GeoTIFF for any region in the world. Instruction on obtaining digital terrain maps (DEMs) are provided on the Tutorials page. We have also assembled a collection of example digital terrain maps:
- Sample world map (GeoTIFF, from GTOPO30)
- Africa (GeoTIFF, from GTOPO30)
- Europe (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30)
- South Pacific (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30, spanning example with longitude 0-360)
- South Pacific Reduced (ASCII grid, from GTOPO30, spanning example with longitude 0-360)
GenGIS Source Code
The latest version of GenGIS can be found in our Github repository. This version will typically be more up-to-date than the latest release version, although new and modified features may not have been extensively tested.
Source code is for v2.1.0. GenGIS dependencies are given in /src/Readme.txt.
- Source code package (~4.25 MB)
- GenGIS v2.4.0 (Windows | Mac | SourceCode)
- GenGIS v2.3.0 (Windows | Mac | SourceCode)
- GenGIS v2.2.2 (Windows | Mac | SourceCode)
- GenGIS v2.2.1 (Windows | Mac | Source Code)
- GenGIS v2.2.0 (Windows | Mac | Source Code)
- GenGIS v2.1.1 (Windows | Mac | Source Code)
- GenGIS v2.1.0 (Windows | Mac | Source Code)
- GenGIS v2.0.2 (Windows | Mac | Source Code)
- GenGIS v2.0.1 (Windows | Mac | Source Code)
- GenGIS v2.0.0 (Windows | Mac | Source Code)
- GenGIS v1.08